Thank You for your interest in Employment Opportunities at Cedar Ridge Ministries. Thank you for taking the time to complete the Cedar Ridge employment application. The on-line application will not automatically save. Please save the completed application to your device and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send your application by postal mail or hands carry it to the Cedar Ridge HR office at the address listed on the application.
Below is a list of our current openings:
Crisis/Teacher Assistant (Full Time 10 Month Position) Cedar Ridge School is in need of a Crisis/Teacher Assistant that will assist the classroom teacher and treatment team in delivering individualized education services to students based on their IEP’s and established curriculum. In addition, the Assistant will assist in producing and maintaining student records of educational progress, treatment issues, and other related records; and will implement the School’s Behavior Management System, and assist with crisis intervention as needed.
1) 21 years of age or older.
2) High School Diploma plus the appropriate level of post-high school education required by MSDE, OR a passing score on ParaPro test.
3) Demonstrate abilities conducive to maintaining a controlled therapeutic classroom environment.
4) Have a broad academic base in appropriate grade level curriculum areas.
5) Must be able to function in a team environment to successfully complete objectives.
6) Must be able to maintain a high degree of loyalty, determination, and confidentiality.
7) Must accept and affirm a Judeo-Christian world view in both personal and professional life. This affirmation includes agreement with the Cedar Ridge statement of faith, the personal practice of spiritual disciplines, and behaviors consistent with traditional moral values.
8) Must pass a detailed background investigation that includes:
- a) Passing a health screening which may include drug testing.
- b) Verification of Business and Personal References.
- c) Verification of Driver license with a good driving record.
- d) Police/FBI/Child Protective Services background investigations.
Challenge Course Facilitator (Part Time)
The Challenge Course Facilitator will assist in facilitating activities and group interaction in the Cedar Ridge Adventure Program. S/he will also complete necessary paperwork.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement Adventure programming to a wide variety of clientele through the medium of Ropes Course Activities.
- Equip and instruct participants in safe and proper use of Adventure facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Supervise and teach participants proper spotting and belay techniques as prescribed in CRA Policy Manual.
- Facilitate activities and group interaction utilizing practices prescribed in policies and procedures of the Adventures department.
- Develop and maintain a Macro/Micro Planner throughout Ropes Course activities. Complete and submit a Post Activity Report for each group to the Challenge Course Manager.
- Collect and secure Applications and fees from Community Contracts prior to activities commencement.
- Maintain familiarity and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures of the Adventures department.
- Perform other assorted duties as prescribed by the Challenge Course Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess group interaction and development skills.
- Must meet the annual minimum requirements and certifications in: * CRA Ropes Course Instructor, * Challenge Course Facilitator, * NSC or Standard First-Aid, * CPR/BLS Course C
Residential Youth Counselor
The RYC is a full or part-time direct line staff position in the Residential program. While on shift, the RYC would receive daily direction from the Lead RYC regarding all facets of cottage life, including but not limited to utilization of the behavior management system, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, and participating in recreation with residents.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to understand children and to develop further knowledge and skills for working with children in the care of Cedar Ridge
- Must be able to withstand the work and pressures of caring for a group of active, often aggressive children, have the energy to participate in children’s activities, and be flexible and willing to learn new ways of coping with children’s problems.
The Cedar Ridge Residential Department is looking for both Full-time and Part-time Staff to help with the “at risk” boys in our program. Activities with residents could include: maintaining proper behaviors, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, helping with getting the boys off to school in the morning and with homework in the evening, and some participation in recreational activities. Available hours could include: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:30, Mon-Friday 3:00 Pm – 11:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 am to 11:00 PM (Entire shift or part of the shift), Mon – Sunday 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM the next morning.
State Law requires that Residential candidates be at least 21 years of age, possess high school diploma (or equivalent), and possess a valid driver’s license. applicants should have experience in or familiarity with dealing with at-risk youth. If you are interested in this position please complete an application. If you would like further details, please call Paula or Margaret in the HR Department.