Thank You for your interest in Employment Opportunities at Cedar Ridge Ministries. Below is a list of our current openings:
Facilities Assistant – Full-Time Position
This position is designed to provide assistance to the Facilities Department. This would include: drywall work; electrical, plumbing, woodworking, and mechanical work; supply pick-up and delivery; and assist with mowing, grounds keeping and snow removal. This is full-time (12 months 40 hours/week) position.
In addition to the normal Cedar Ridge requirements the individual:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent – prefer vocational or specific job-related training.
- Must have a valid driver license, with a good driving record.
- A general knowledge and working ability in the following areas: Carpentry (finished and rough), plumbing, electrical, concrete work, drywall, painting, minor auto repair and maintenance, and grounds keeping and the physical ability to do this kind of work over a long period of time.
- Must be a team player, willing to work under a supervisor and with peers and others in the agency in a cooperative manner to accomplish tasks.
- Must affirm Judeo-Christian values. This affirmation includes an agreement with the Cedar Ridge statement of faith and behaviors consistent with traditional Biblical moral values:
- The employee handbook further states that employees who engage in open, notorious immorality, including, but not limited to, violence, dishonesty or slander, sexual activity outside of marriage, theft, or conduct illegal under applicable local, state or federal law are subject to discipline up to and including termination of employment.
- Must pass a detailed background investigation
HR Payroll Assistant (Part-time 20 hours/week)
This position is responsible to assist the HR Generalist with administrative support primarily focused on payroll processing and other bookkeeping tasks in conjunction with the Business Office. S/he will assist with a variety of detail-oriented tasks such as time-sheet collection, file maintenance and tracking employee evaluations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, alphabetize timesheets in preparation for payroll processing
- Preparation and data entry of payroll transactions.
- Record Benefit time reported on timesheets
- Process bi-weekly payrolls
- Filing of HR/bookkeeping and computer records.
- Assist with Employee File maintenance and evaluations
- Research and compilation of historical data as needed.
- Light word processing and typing tasks as needed.
- Perform other HR/Business Office-related tasks as assigned.
- 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have payroll/bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in general office responsibilities
- Be flexible, organized and detail-oriented
- Mature, loyal and responsible individual.
- Proficient computer skills including accounting software data entry, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Must accept and affirm a Judeo-Christian worldview in both personal and professional life. This affirmation includes agreement with the Cedar Ridge statement of faith, the personal practice of spiritual disciplines, and behaviors consistent with traditional moral values
- Must pass a detailed background investigation.
The RYC is a full or part-time direct line staff position in the Residential program. While on shift, the RYC would receive daily direction from the Lead RYC regarding all facets of cottage life, including but not limited to utilization of the behavior management system, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, and participating in recreation with residents.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to understand children and to develop further knowledge and skills for working with children in the care of Cedar Ridge
- Must be able to withstand the work and pressures of caring for a group of active, often aggressive children, have the energy to participate in children’s activities, and be flexible and willing to learn new ways of coping with children’s problems.
The Cedar Ridge Residential Department is looking for both Full-time and Part-time Staff to help with the “at risk” boys in our program. Activities with residents could include: maintaining proper behaviors, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, helping with getting the boys off to school in the morning and with homework in the evening, and some participation in recreational activities. Available hours could include: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:30, Mon-Friday 3:00 Pm – 11:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 am to 11:00 PM (Entire shift or part of the shift), Mon – Sunday 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM the next morning.
State Law requires that Residential candidates be at least 21 years of age, possess high school diploma (or equivalent), and possess a valid driver’s license. applicants should have experience in or familiarity with dealing with at-risk youth. If you are interested in this position please complete an application. If you would like further details, please call Paula or Margaret in the HR Department.