Thank You for your interest in Employment Opportunities at Cedar Ridge Ministries. Below is a list of our current openings:
Special Education/Elementary/Middle School Math and Science Teacher
We are in immediate need of a Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year to complete and carry out individual and group instructional planning for students that utilizes appropriate materials and activities to address each student’s Individual Education Plan. Applicants must have Maryland teaching certification in Special Education or be eligible for certification and have Maryland teaching certification in Math and Science and/or other specific Elementary and Middle School content areas OR eligibility for certification.
Part-time Residential Youth Counselor
The RYC is a full or part-time direct line staff position in the Residential program. While on shift, the RYC would receive daily direction from the Lead RYC regarding all facets of cottage life, including but not limited to utilization of the behavior management system, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, and participating in recreation with residents.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to understand children and to develop further knowledge and skills for working with children in the care of Cedar Ridge
- Must be able to withstand the work and pressures of caring for a group of active, often aggressive children, have the energy to participate in children’s activities, and be flexible and willing to learn new ways of coping with children’s problems.
The Cedar Ridge Residential Department is looking for PT Fill-In Staff to help with the “at risk” boys in our program. Activities with residents could include: maintaining proper behaviors, transportation, overseeing meals and duties, helping with getting the boys off to school in the morning and with homework in the evening, and some participation in recreational activities. Available hours could include: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:30, Mon-Friday 3:00 Pm – 11:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 am to 11:00 PM (Entire shift or part of the shift), Mon – Sunday 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM the next morning.
State Law requires that Residential candidates be at least 21 years of age, possess high school diploma (or equivalent), and possess a valid driver’s license. applicants should have experience in or familiarity with dealing with at risk youth. If you are interested in this position please complete an application. If you would like further details, please call Paula or Margaret in the HR Department.